Wednesday, October 21, 2009

healthy people don't spend this much time chasing eds!

It seems I know how to dance around the system if not momentarily. I spent the past two days on the phone (literally) and visiting my Cardio-man to somehow figure a way around the mess of bureaucracy. I'm not completely unsuccessful. I somehow managed to secure this month's shipment of medication due here tomorrow at 10am. There's still loads of paperwork that needs to be done but somehow magically they seemed to be satisfied that the paperwork was at least in motion (or, perhaps they were tired of my persistence/pestsistence). That's the thing about me, don't tell me I can't do something because I'll not only prove you wrong, I'll go out of my way to do it.

That stubbornness has worked well for me (for the most-part). I hate that my life isn't easy, but then who's is? I hate that it takes negotiation to get the medication I need (and at this point I don't even know if I need it. Even Cardio-man is on the wait-and-see bandwagon).

So I'll wait and see. My next does is twice the first starting does. I'm afraid to ask how much that is. For now, I've "bought some time" until more papers are processed, stamped, etc. All I know is that this weekend I am having a "filing party". Anyone who isn't scared of paper I'm inviting me to help make sense of my Wife's files - and this is the best time to do it. She's in Vancouver, burying her son's ashes (the headstone is ready). She won't be here to stop me: she's possessive of her filing style. I can't deal with it. Organization here I come!