Friday, October 16, 2009

OMG -DD

Just got off the phone with my DD pharmacy... apparently my designer Drugs are $4000 ($3965) a month, NOT three!
What killed me was that she told me what MY balance was: $1200. My wife's insurance only covers 70% of it and only for a year. So of course, I've been waiting for a stupid letter from them to send it to the provincial plan so I can be bridged. That letter still hasn't come in.

I nearly swallowed my tongue when she said "your balance is..."
For four thousand dollars a month these drugs better do more than open my lungs up, they better reverse the death of my left sided-heart and slow down the demise of my right. As if!

Then I was told that the provincial program requires that I too pay out of pocket... I hate paperwork. I hate that on paper it looks like we have enough to cover what the province doesn't but those paper-work tabulations never take into account student debt, other debt, house-hold expenses etc. They see that mortgage is covered, we're OK. I am so tired of being house-poor. I'm so tired of all of this. I've applied to the feds - I will keep applying but I know just how long it takes to get in and in the meantime I'm still living with illness. It would be nice if it could just go away for a week. Ah fantasy world...