Monday, May 13, 2013

the car is gone

I sold my Honda today. I was going to write vehicle, but anyone who knows me, knows that I only drive Hondas, and hatchbacks at that. I have driven, owned or co-owned at least 5 Honda Civics in my life. It's strange to not own a car and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I'm not sure if I posted that my licence was revoked about a month ago. No one took it away when I was in the hospital. It only came up when I needed my Dr. Lady to fill out my Long Term Disability forms and that question was on it. I could tell it was not a pleasure for her to do it as she looked at me and said that now that she's facing that question, by law she has to do it, then promptly apologized.

Losing my licence wasn't as hard as selling my car. I can't drive now anyway. I don't trust myself. But not seeing my hatchback in the driveway anymore: that sucks. Ma belle would still use my car to pick up bigger things like bags of manure. It's so much easier to throw stuff in a hatch than in a trunk. She thinks differently and that's fine because she is after all, the one doing the lugging.

Anyway, it's gone :( I'm sad. I'm more sad that it's gone than losing my licence. I heart honda hatchbacks.