Thursday, July 4, 2013

A good night's sleep and my cuddly kitty.

Well I'm still not having a good time getting to sleep. I toss and turn when I'm in bed and before I even get to bed I feel the anxiety rush through my body as darkness sets in. The sun is setting a bit earlier as each day passes. Though summer only officially crept in to town 2 weeks ago, it signifies the days getting shorter. Anyway I've had a rough few days - grief spilling out every which way.

Today it seems that my cat Princess seems to be having a rough day. She didn't come for her morning treat (she hasn't for a few days actually) and she is super cuddly. I think I totally understand her and her need for closeness. I have no idea how she is going to cope with me leaving. When I was in the hospital for 17 days, apparently she would howl when ma belle left the house for the hospital. I think she experiences anxiety too. Poor girl, it's going to be especially rough for her as I've been home all of the time every day for the past 6 months.

Cognitively, my fear of the night is completely irrational. Experientialy, the darkness is not comforting.