Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Designer Drug #2 - Fail!

Wouldn't you know it, the 2nd designer drug I was prescribed with was a fail on the highest scales.
I received it a few days after my last post, started taking it and within 30ish hours side effects started. At first they were tolerable so it almost went unnoticed, until the day I couldn't walk. By the third day/third dose I was in so much thigh and lower back pain that I just couldn't walk. I also couldn't sleep on the third and fourth nights due to the excruciating pain. I have experienced major abdominal surgery without narcotics (other pain killers though) so I know what I can tolerate and what I cannot. Those nights were unbearable, especially considering the fact that it was simply drug-side effects.
Anyway all this to say, I am off of them, and will not be going back on them for all the money in the world.

I wonder if there are any other pulmonary hypertension drugs left for me? I really want to go back to work but can't while sporting lovely tubing across my face. The transference that would cause (in my specific field) would get in the way of any therapeutic good that could come of it.