Tuesday, October 7, 2014

There and Back

What a long day yesterday was. Up at 4:45 am to catch the 5:55 train to Toronto and returned by 23:30 (11:30pm) the same day. I am too old and too ill for that.
I needed to meet with another cardiac team member who wasn't available when I was there two weeks ago. Then I met with my cardiologist - she actually had time for a last minute chat after my consult. It really was only a few minutes but enough to ascertain where she's at on the gambling journey, though it's not her life on the line.

I am no closer to a decision. In fact all I brought back from TO was a soar throat, runny nose and terrible cough. Lots of travel in confined spaces, subways and hanging out in hospitals will do that. Oh, I did bring back one more thing: love. I was able to have a quick sneaky visit with a dear one and the hug was divine. We're both in our own tough spots right now so it was especially lovely to be able to see that person.

I am out of town again next week, on a silent retreat this time. Originally it was scheduled with another purpose in mind, now I have lots more to think of. A few weeks later I have another retreat. By November I will have been away more in the past 2 months than I have all summer. Sucks a little as I prefer to travel during the summer months though it is often really busy with other travellers and their children