Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Nerve-flossing!

On the recommendation of a friend, I started seeing a physiotherapist for what I thought would be muscle-strengthening after my whole ordeal of the past few years. What I found out was that the muscles aren't that weak but my nervous system is in need of great repair. I guess that would happen when you're body is carved out and made anew. Who knew nerves played such a great role in fitness/ mobility.
Anyway, we've started out with basic "nerve-flossing". I like the term, since I'm a proud flosser! Yup, this kid who grew up not being taught how to brush her teeth is a flosser and twice-weekly water-picker. I hate cavities, anything I can do to avoid them, and keep me heart-healthy. (So much connection between our oral health and heart health but most people disregard that.)